A Little Something Every Day...

One of my New Year's goals is to write something every day. Who knows what I'll write about?

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Not what you expect to see when stopping to get gas...




I stopped on my way out of Orlando to put gas on, and this is what I saw!

Long time, no post, I know. Busy month. March is busy, too. Weather has been cold for Florida. A few nice days, but mostly cool.

Went to the Daytona 500. Very excited Mark Martin is running a full schedule this year in the 5 car. Hasn't done well yet, but it's only been 2 races. I think he'll make the Chase, but probably not the championship.

I have kept my list of movies. Here's what I've seen so far this year.

1. Marley and Me (theater) 7/10. Cute story. Loved the dog, but really loved that most of it took place in South Florida and the scenery was great!

2. The Times of Harvey Milk (Online) 8/10. Figured since I saw the movie in the theater I should see the documentary.

3. Rachel Getting Married (theater) 7/10. Had to keep my eyes closed through much of it, it has one of those shakey camera styles that made me sick!

4. The Gymnast (DVD) 6/10. Kind of boring.

5. The Wrestler (theater) 8/10. Good story, great acting.

6. American Teen (DVD) 6.5/10. So-so. Interesting, but not too exciting.

7. Mamma Mia (DVD) 7/10. I did the sing along version on the DVD. It's just a fun movie.

8. Slumdog Millionaire (theater) 9/10. Really good story. Deserved the Oscar for sure.

9. Revolutionary Road (theater) 6/10. I really didn't like Kate Winslet's character. Too whiny to me.

10. Henry Poole is Here (DVD) 7.5/10. Pretty good story.

11. Milk (theater) 9.5/10. Saw it when it was at my local theater for my second viewing. Still good.

12. The Visitor (DVD) 8/10. Loved the story, wish it ended differently!

13. Gran Torino (theater) 7.5/10. Good story, but the acting was kind of off I thought.

14. Save Me (DVD) 7/10. Didn't like the ending that much, but a good story overall.

15. Kissing Jessica Stein (DVD) 8/10. Contains one of my favorite scenes ever-when Jessica and her mom are outside at her brother's rehersal dinner. I think one of the best acting performances I've ever seen.

16. Step Brothers (DVD) 5/10. A few funny scenes, but mostly just dumb.

17. The Great Debators (OnDemand) 7/10. Good story.

18. Religulous (DVD) 6.5/10. Some parts were pretty good, others just dumb.

So 18 movies in the first two months. Not too bad. Currently I'm working my way through Season 2 of The West Wing that I got from the library. That will take some time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home