A Little Something Every Day...

One of my New Year's goals is to write something every day. Who knows what I'll write about?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lots and lots of rain causes FLOODING!

So far about 8 inches of rain today. I'm at the office now, but not sure when I'll get to go home. The northbound lanes of US 1 in Jensen Beach were barely passable when I left home (I travel southbound to get to work). The rain is starting to let up a bit so maybe in a few hours it will start to go down. Here in Palm City at the office things look ok. I'm sure if they hadn't redone our intersection a few summers ago it would be flooded out right now.

There was a tornado in Stuart on US 1 and Monroe Street. I have friends that live right by there, but it sounds like all the damage was to a Shell station on the corner so that is good.

The sky is starting to lighten up now. Hopefully it will stay that way awhile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home