A Little Something Every Day...

One of my New Year's goals is to write something every day. Who knows what I'll write about?

Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Monday!




This is Two Island Lake in Northern Minnesota-just north of Grand Marais. The first time I went there I was 11 or 12 years old. I went with my Dad, Sister, my Uncle Whitey, and my cousins Eric, Shawn and Nikki. (Nathan was only a baby so he didn't get to go.) It was an eventful trip. Nikki (who was maybe around 6 at the time?) caught the first fish on a pocket fisherman. As I recall, I did catch some fish, especially from shore at dusk.

I've been back there a few times since then, including earlier this month when home on vacation. I went with Aimee. It was kind of cold, but not horrible for this Floridian. It rained on Saturday afternoon and evening. We didn't catch any fish. Hardly even had bites! I might have had one bite the whole time. It was still fun. Besides, as everyone in my family will tell you, I don't catch fish. Ever.

Here's my movies to catch up on.

56. Grace is Gone (DVD) 5/10. I had hoped for better. It seemed like it could have been a good story, but it just went nowhere.

57. Elmer Gantry (DVD) 8/10. Very good. Just goes to show that there is nothing new under the sun, is there?

58. Vantage Point (DVD) 7/10. Interesting story, kept me thinking the whole time. Some holes in the plot, but that's to be expected.

59. God Said Ha! (DVD) 8/10. Julia Sweeney's stage show...very funny and good.

60. Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day (DVD) 8/10. Just a fun story.

61. The Women (Theater)7/10. Pretty entertaining for an evening.

62. Young@Heart (DVD) 9/10. Fun documentary, great story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home